How we’re looking after people
Over the past months things have continued to change for all of us on a daily basis.
We have had to temporarily re-open and close stores in line with local and national lockdowns, however we have remained open on our digital channels throughout, and are keeping a close eye on further changes and how they may affect our staff and customers.
We are doing everything we can to ensure our people are safe throughout this time, are continuously monitoring the situation, and ensuring we abide by any guidance received from the government as we continue to find our way through these new ways of life. You can read all about what we're doing in stores to protect our staff and customers here.
Is our distribution centre open?
We have taken additional steps to ensure our warehouse is a safe space for our staff to work in by putting the following measures in place:
- Reduced the number of staff working at any one time
- Introduced additional cleaning routines with more frequent cleaning of high traffic areas
- Adapted the working environment to help ensure social distancing can be maintained at all times
- Providing hand sanitiser and ensuring all our staff are washing their hands on a regular basis
- Limited the use of all confirmed and shared spaces; i.e. break rooms, canteens and smoking areas
We are also working closely with our staff and onsite Health and Safety teams to understand any concerns that they have.
How does this impact my delivery?
Due to all the measures we’ve put in place to protect our teams, you may experience some changes in our delivery service. We will do our best to get your order to you as quickly as possible which may take up to 7 days. You can see all our available delivery options here.
What about our central support
Most of our Head Office teams are working from home and will continue to do so in line with the Government advice.
- We understand it can be hard for people to be indoors every day, so we are running well-being sessions online for all of our employees, including tips on staying connected.
How else are we helping people?
We are offering 25% off all full priced items for our NHS and service heroes through www.bluelightcard.co.uk and www.defencediscountservice.co.uk. Because we appreciate everything they are doing during this difficult time.
- Following the closure of our stores, many of our retail staff donated perishable goods from our stores to local hospitals, food banks and emergency services.
More information including this week’s top questions can be found here in our Help Centre.
Stay safe and look after each other.
New Look x